Steamed Clams with Miso Aioli and Harissa
We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 10-ounce loaf sourdough bread, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds Manila clams, scrubbed, rinsed, drained
- 1 8-ounce bottle clam juice
- 3 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons yellow miso
Whisk first 4 ingredients in small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil. Season aioli with freshly ground black pepper; reserve.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Rub bread with 1 garlic clove. Place on baking sheet; bake until crisp, 12 to 15 minutes. Wrap in foil; reserve.
Thinly slice 2 garlic cloves. Heat oil in medium pot over medium-high heat. Add shallots; sauté 3 minutes. Add garlic; stir 45 seconds. Add clams, wine, and clam juice. Cover; simmer until clams open, 4 to 5 minutes (discard any unopened clams).
Stir parsley and miso into cooking liquid. Divide clams and liquid among bowls. Top each with 1 tablespoon aioli; sprinkle with harissa. Serve with bread.